2021 Recap and moving forward
2021 has been an amazing year for The Olympians. In less than 2 months, we’ve managed to become the #1 community focused on Olympus forks. On top of that, dozens of different projects have reached out to us for AMAs and other events. Naturally, we couldn’t have achieved any of this without the most important factor every project within this space has: the community.
One of the things we’re infinitely grateful for is the recognition, support and trust from all of you: hopping in new Discord servers and reading others recommend our server as a trustworthy source of information is simply incredible and motivates us to keep doing what we’ve been doing until now.
With no “influencers”, marketing, bots or fake growth of any kind, we managed to get to 6,400 members on Discord, 1,000 on Telegram and 650 on Twitter in a completely organic way, merely from the mouth-to-mouth recommendations from users.
We’re always looking for ways to improve our community and to grow to reach out to more people and help them get into this DeFi 2.0 world. As such, we’re commited to make even more efforts on 2022 to expand and make this truly your gateway to DeFi 2.0.
Goals for 2022
Some of our goals for the next year are:
- Becoming a lead community in DeFi 2.0
- Deploying our upcoming website and constantly work on improving every single detail on it
- Establishing partnerships with various projects from this space
- Integrating more people into our team: writers, developers, editors, etc.
- Rewarding our community in unique ways with the different protocols that are interested in collaborating with our community (more on this later)
In order to achieve all these goals, our new Roles System and leaving our beloved spreadsheet behind are going to be key factors for the future of The Olympians.
Implementation of Roles
We believe in the concept of equivalent exchange (homage to Full Metal Alchemist): in order to get or create something, something of equal value must be given. We don’t want people lurking on the server and spamming their invite links. We want an active community that helps each other and is rewarded in return.
So, starting today, we’re setting up a Role Reward system, in which users will gain different roles depending on their contribution to the community: invites, being active, sharing alpha, among other things you can do to reach the Mount Olympus. Everything will be taken into account at the time of manually selecting people to get another role.
This is not something you can spam your way into. Every role will be carefully selected by the Olympians team.
- Warriors: newcomers to the server. They’ll get access to standard giveaways.
- Oracles: Users which have been quite active, helpful or shared important information. They’ll get access to more exclusive giveaways and airdrops.
- Heroes: Once proposed by any of the Olympians, users can get this role by proving they provide outstanding value to the community. This role will give users access to private giveaways and channels on the server.
- Deities: Chads. This role will be quite exclusive and will only be given to members of the server who have made an impact on the Olympians’ future. As such, they’ll be generously rewarded.
Disclaimer: The same way anyone can “climb” the list of roles, all these roles can be taken away any time if we spot suspicious/fault behavior from the user in question.
That was all, OHMies! We hope to keep growing exponentially and organically in 2022 as we did in this year and hope you all have a fantastic end of the year.
We’re just getting started.